Nothing screams girl’s night without a candid looking Instagram picture with a cocktail in tow. But cocktails are expensive (yep, i paid a crisp $22 for one last night. Ouch!), and this student can’t afford to fork that kind of cash out every weekend!
I’ve been trying to find the perfect way to get the same taste, minus the need for a moka or a fancy silver appliance. Trust me when I say I think i have the perfect receipe to have your friends ooo-ing and ahh-ing the next time they’re over!
- 1 tablespoon of coffee (either ground coffee beans or instant if you’re feeling cheeky)
- 60mls Vodka
- 90mls Kahlua
- Ice Cubes
- Coffee beans to garnish
- You have two options to chose from which both work well, but all depends on what you have at hand:
- Option 1: Using your plunger, add 1 tablespoon of ground coffee beans per cup of boiling water. Mix, then replace the lid.
- Option 2: Mix 1-2 tablespoons of instant coffee with 1/4 cup of water. The great thing about instant coffee is that it dissolves in cold water, so there is no need to use boiling (there we go saving the pennies again, your electricity bill is going to love it!)
- In a shaker filled with ice, mix coffee, vodka, and kahlua for about 1 minute (or until you think you’re arms have had a good enough workout)
- Strain as your poor into a cute martini glass
- Garnish with coffee beans so your friends think your as extra as your insta makes you out to be.